Which type of machine is right for you?
Too many choices? Can't decide on which type of machine you need? Need some assistance? We are here to help!
Your snow cone or shaved ice machine will be the lifeline to your business. Without a quality machine, your business cannot survive! We offer a large variety of shaved ice and snow cone machines that will meet the heavy demands of any shaved ice or snow cone business. All of our machines are made with the highest standards to provide years of durability and service.
First of all, you need to decide if you need a shaved ice machine or a snow cone machine. Believe it or not there is a big difference! If you need an explanation of the differences, please take a few minutes to review the information below. Then scroll to the very bottom of this page and choose the Shaved Ice Machine link or the Snow Cone Machine link. From there we will ask you a few more questions in order to help you find the machine that is perfect for your business.
What is the difference? People ask us all the time, “What is the difference between shaved ice, sno balls, and snow cones?” We tell them it depends on the texture of the ice and on where you live.
The most common name for a cup of finely shaved ice is called, just that, shaved ice. Throughout the United States, you may also see shaved ice sold as “Hawaiian Shaved Ice”, the most popular name used. In New Orleans, a cup of shaved ice is called a snoball (sometimes spelled snowball). In eastern North Carolina, some people call a cup of shaved ice, a shaver. Again, what you will call shaved ice will depend on where you live.
No matter what you call a cup of shaved ice, people will usually agree on two things. First of all, shaved ice consists of smooth, fine ice that holds syrup. Second, snow cones are not the same as shaved ice. Usually, snow cones are made from hard crunchy ice that when snow cone syrup is added to the ice, the syrup goes straight to the bottom.
Please review the following page for more information that will help you distinguish the differences between shaved ice and snow cones.
- Shaved ice is made with fine fresh snow that is shaved from either a
cubed shaved ice shaver or a block
shaved ice shaver. Ice is never crunchy.
- Often served in various sizes of foam,
paper or squat cups. The shaved ice often rounded on top of
the cup. Often served with a spoonstraw
and a spoon.
- Often called Hawaiian Shaved Ice throughout the United States
- Also called Sno-Balls (New Orleans), Shave Ice (Hawaii), Shaver
(North Carolina) or Hawaiian Shaved Ice (most common)
- Usually offered with a variety of flavors
numbering from 20 to more than 70
- Usually sold at roadside shaved ice stands, mobile carts, carnivals,
county fairs, or other festivals.
- The smooth product great for repeat business.
- Easy and quick to make but takes a bit more time than snow cones.
- Often topped with a variety of shaved ice toppings or cream flavors.
- Prices vary depending on the size of the cup and can range from
$0.75 to $5.00 depending on the size.
- Snow Cones are made from snow cone
machines that crushes ice cubes (bag ice) into small
pellets. Snow cones are never made with block ice machines.
- Ice is crunchy.
- When flavor is added to ice, the flavor often runs to the bottom of
- Often served in one or two sizes. The most common is a 6 ounce
cone type cup. The ice is often
rounded on top of the cone. Usually served without a spoon.
- Ice is crushed ahead of time and dipped with a specially made nylon snow
- Usually sold at carnivals, county fairs or other festivals.
- Easy and quick to make.
- Usually offered with a limited number of flavors,
between 2 to 5.
- Often used when repeat business is not the main goal.
- Prices range from $1.00 to $3.00, depending on the container used.
What our customers
321 Goldsboro Street
Newton Grove, NC 28366
Toll Free 1-800-742-8334
Fax: (770) 234-6333
This site is copyright ©2014 by 1-800-Shaved-Ice.com, Mary Mack's, Inc. All rights reserved. All brand names are protected trademarks of their registered owners and no claim is made otherwise.