Our Team - Gary H.
Gary lives in a world of shaved ice, snow cones, cotton candy, and stickers. He is the founder and owner of 1-800-Shaved-Ice.
Gary started selling shaved ice in 1995 while attending college. Like nearly every college student, Gary needed some extra cash for expenses. He decided to open a shaved ice stand and dubbed it "Tropical Shavers."
He was able to learn from his hard work and dedication. In the year 2000, Gary started distributing shaved ice and snow cone equipment and supplies on the internet. First, he started selling itty-bitty machines with only a few flavors and later, expanded to big macho machines for commercial use and now offers over 90 flavors.
These days, Gary oversees the daily operations at 1-800-Shaved-Ice. If you ever have questions about opening your business, he will gladly assist you.
| FUN FACTS |
- Gary has two younger sisters. He's the "protective big brother" type.
- Gary typically goes by his first and middle names combined - Gary Mac. It's a second-generation name and his double name differentiates him from his dad, Gary Sr.
- He operates a total of 5 e-commerce businesses and a local business.
- Gary and his wife, Chasity, introduced their first-born in March 2015.
- He has lived in Newton Grove, NC his entire life. He loves his hometown.
- His favorite shaved ice flavors are Bahama Mama, Granny Smith Apple, Sour Grape, Tiger's Blood, Mai Tai and Cake Batter with sweet cream. (I know, you'd think he could pick just one!)
- His favorite shaved ice machine to operate is the Hatsuyuki HC-8E Cube Ice Shaver. He chose this because "It's very dependable, reliable and satisfies most of our customer base". He also says, "It sits at a good price point and produces high-quality snow".