Recipe for Flavor Using Concentrate
While we love our ready-to-use snow cone syrups , you can stretch your dollar a little further if you put in the time and effort to make your own syrups from concentrate. Simply mix our concentrates (that are available by the quart or gallon) with simple syrup and add preservatives.
One of our favorite things about making your own syrup from concentrate is that you can pre-mix your own flavors to create custom recipes. That way, when a customer orders a "Fuzzy Navel" from your menu, your employees are not required to remember that the Fuzzy Navel is part orange and part peach. Your customers will get the same flavor every time, and your employees will enjoy the time savings of less mixing for each order.
The recipes below are for making one gallon of syrup. Add the ingredients to a gallon jug. Then top the mixture off with preserved simple syrup. Replace the cap and shake the jug to mix. Use a syrup pump to dispense over shaved ice. Please note that if you prefer to make quarts of syrup, simply divide each by four to make a single quart or use the full recipe to fill four quart-sized bottles.
- Fuzzy Navel: 2 ounces of Orange concentrate & 2 ounces of Peach concentrate
- Chocolate Covered Cherry: 2 ounces of Cherry concentrate & 2 ounces of Chocolate concentrate
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry: 2 ounces of Strawberry concentrate & 2 ounces of Chocolate concentrate
- Chocolate Covered Banana: 2 ounces of Banana concentrate & 2 ounces of Chocolate concentrate
- Coco-Banana: 2 ounces of Coconut concentrate & 2 ounces of Banana concentrate
- Tongue Twister: 3 ounces of Lemon concentrate, 1 ounce of Wild Cherry concentrate, & 4 ounces of Citric Acid
- Strawberry Daiquiri: 3 ounces of Daiquiri concentrate & 1 ounce of Strawberry concentrate
- Orange Splash: 2 ounces of Orange concentrate & 2 ounces of Banana concentrate
- Vanilla Cola: 2 ounces of Vanilla concentrate & 2 ounces of Cola concentrate
- Cherry Cola: 2 ounces of Cherry concentrate & 2 ounces of Cola concentrate
- Cherry Cheesecake: 1 ounce of Cherry concentrate & 3 ounces of Cheesecake concentrate
- Strawberry Cheesecake: 1 ounce of Strawberry concentrate & 3 ounces of Cheesecake concentrate
- Strawberry Banana: 2 ounces of Strawberry concentrate & 2 ounces of Banana concentrate
- Sour Lemon: 4 ounces of Lemon concentrate & 4 ounces of Citric Acid
- Sour Cherry: 4 ounces of Cherry concentrate & 4 ounces of Citric Acid
- Sour Grape: 4 ounces of Grape concentrate & 4 ounces of Citric Acid
What is your favorite recipe to make from concentrate? We'd love to hear about it, and maybe we will feature some of our customer favorites in an upcoming article!